Welcome to the Library of the Max Planck Institute for the History of Science (MPIWG). The development of our collections and services is closely tailored to the needs of the researchers working here at the Institute and their very diverse research topics. We exclusively provide support to our scholars for their research, delivering whatever they need as quickly as possible. We have a large collection of print and digital sources and secondary literature here in the library, and offer MPIWG scholars round-the-clock access to our extensive print and digital collections and to study desks.
We provide a range of services, including:
- special interlibrary loan service to bring you print and digital sources straight from other collections worldwide
- digitization of sources for research and publications
- help with optical character recognition and image processing
- copyright research and help with obtaining permission to reproduce materials for publications
- assistance with bibliography management, including software such as Zotero or EndNote
April 7, 2018
The RiffReporter website is open for Institute scholars. The RiffReporter (as in coral reef), cofounded by recent Journalist-in-Residence Christian Schwägerl, is a cooperative of Germany's leading freelance journalists in science, society, environment, and technology.