The Max Planck Institute for the History of Science, Berlin,
a predoctoral scholar, earliest possible starting date: 1 February 2018
for three years, with employment contract (salary: 50% TVöD E13).
The topic of the candidate’s dissertation should be closely related to the research agenda (http://mpiwg.de/en/research/projects/historical-epistemology-final-theory-program) of the Max Planck Research Group “Historical Epistemology of the Final Theory Program”. The research group will pursue interdisciplinary research at the intersection of history of science and physics.
- Completed university degree (master’s level) in History of Science, Physics, Philosophy of Science, or a related field.
- Ability to produce academic publications in English.
Your application should contain – uploaded as 1 PDF document:
- Cover Letter
- Short sketch of dissertation project – approx. 850 words
- Copy of the applicant’s master’s certificate or verification that the applicant’s thesis has already been submitted
- PDF of the applicant‘s master’s thesis
These documents need to be submitted before 30 November 2017 online at:
Note that only electronic submissions that go through this application portal will be accepted. Only successful candidates will be notified.
We look forward to receiving applications from scholars of all nationalities. The Max Planck Society aims to increase the percentage of women on its scientific staff and therefore strongly encourages women to apply. Furthermore, it is committed to promoting more handicapped individuals and thus also encourages them to apply.