The Max Planck Institute for the History of Science, Berlin, is looking for a
(39 hrs/week, 18 months)
for the development of an open access publication infrastructure, funded by the BMBF (Federal Ministry of Education and Research). The position offers attractive and varied tasks in a small international team, based near the campus of Freie Universität in Berlin Dahlem.
- designing and implementing a software architecture for the management and display of scientific publications, including the development of modules for interactive content
- designing and implementing a database model for scientific publications
- establishing a workflow for document conversion on the basis of existing tools
- implementing web designs in HTML.
We expect the candidate to be qualified in the following software technology
- Python programming language
- XML and related technologies (e.g. XSLT)
- relational databases
- UNIX-type operating systems.
We are looking for a colleague with a strong team-oriented and sustainable working style.
Remuneration is based on the TVöD-Bund pay scales (up to E13). The starting date is February 15, 2018.
Candidates of all nationalities are invited to apply; applications from women are especially welcome. The Max Planck Society is committed to promoting handicapped individuals and encourages them to apply.
Please send your letter of application, a CV, and copies of your qualifications by January 8, 2018 via our application portal:
Note that only electronic submissions that go through this application portal will be accepted.
Max Planck Institute for the History of Science, Boltzmannstr. 22, 14195 Berlin