Programmer/Software Engineer (Dept. I) (EN)
DeadlineJanuary 08, 2018
The Max Planck Institute for the History of Science, Berlin, is looking for a
(39 hrs/week, 18 months)
for the development of an open access publication infrastructure, funded by the BMBF (Federal Ministry of Education and Research). The position offers attractive and varied tasks in a small international team, based near the campus of Freie Universität in Berlin Dahlem.
- designing and implementing a software architecture for the management and display of scientific publications, including the development of modules for interactive content
- designing and implementing a database model for scientific publications
- establishing a workflow for document conversion on the basis of existing tools
- implementing web designs in HTML.
We expect the candidate to be qualified in the following software technology
- Python programming language
- XML and related technologies (e.g. XSLT)
- relational databases
- UNIX-type operating systems.
We are looking for a colleague with a strong team-oriented and sustainable working style.
Remuneration is based on the TVöD-Bund pay scales (up to E13). The starting date is February 15, 2018.
Candidates of all nationalities are invited to apply; applications from women are especially welcome. The Max Planck Society is committed to promoting handicapped individuals and encourages them to apply.
Please send your letter of application, a CV, and copies of your qualifications by January 8, 2018 via our application portal:
Note that only electronic submissions that go through this application portal will be accepted.
Max Planck Institute for the History of Science, Boltzmannstr. 22, 14195 Berlin
For questions concerning the position or the project, please contact Klaus Thoden.
Max-Planck-Institut für Wissenschaftsgeschichte, Boltzmannstraße 22, 14195 Berlin, Germany