The Max Planck Institute for the History of Science (MPIWG) is seeking
to appoint a
part-time (50 %)
Editorial Assistant (m/w/d)
The post is tenable as soon as possible and for a fixed-term contract until June 30, 2026.
The newly appointed colleague will join the team of the Max Planck Research Group Practices of Validation in the Biomedical Sciences. For further information on the research group see here.
- The setting up and day-to-day management of academic publication projects, including editorial work for English and German collective volumes and journals (with the support of a student assistant)
- Correspondence with authors and publishers
- Copyediting, proofreading, formatting according to publishers’ style sheet, creation of shared bibliographies and indexes for academic texts in English and possibly German, shorter translations from German to English.
- Image research and the acquisition of digital files and permission to publish
- Editing of English texts, e.g. for the website of the Max Planck Research Group 'Practices of Validation in the Biomedical Sciences'
You should have experience in academic management and editorial tasks in a university, research institute, or academic publishing environment, a working knowledge of German, and excellent written and spoken English; native English speakers preferred, language skills in French are an asset. You should have a very good command of IT programs (for text processing, formatting, manuscript organization including bibliographing and indexing, possibly also image editing). We are seeking a dedicated, reliable and creative colleague with a genuine interest in academic work and the ability to work in a team; basic knowledge in the history or philosophy of science is welcome.
What we offer:
A versatile workplace with a family-friendly climate and an international academic atmosphere. The salary is based on the German public service salary scale TVöD, up to level E12, depending on your qualification.
How to apply:
Please submit your application in English or German (cover letter, CV, copies of qualifications, two references), exclusively through the following application portal: https://recruitment.mpiwg-berlin.mpg.de/position/18481157
Your application must reach us by July 15, 2021, 23:59 CEST.
The Max Planck Society is committed to fostering equal opportunities and diversity. We welcome applicants from all parts of society, regardless of gender, ethnicity, disabilities, or sexual orientation.