“Get it Published” Fellowship Program at the Max Planck Institute for the History of Science, Berlin
01 August 2017 – 31 January 2018
The Max Planck Institute for the History of Science, Berlin (MPIWG), Department III Artefacts, Action, and Knowledge (Director: Prof. Dagmar Schäfer), together with the IHNS, CAS is offering two fellowships for outstanding scholars who have submitted or will submit their PhD thesis between September 2016 and August 2017.
The fellowships are open to students whose research topic is related to the History of Science, Technology and Medicine, or Science and Technology Studies. The working language of the MPIWG is English. Candidates are expected to be able to present and discuss their work and that of others in that language. The scholarship is dedicated to advance publications of young Asian researchers in the History of Science. Candidates are expected to have finished their thesis and be in a position to devote six months to writing and preparing an article in English for journal publication. Regular meetings will be held to support both the writing process and academic development.
The fellowships will run from 01 August 2017 to 31 January 2018.
Applicants should submit the following materials in English as one single PDF-document:
- Cover letter containing the following information: the position for which you are applying: “Get it Published” Fellowship Program, discipline in which PhD was / will be awarded, title of dissertation, brief description of dissertation
- Official proof of the completion of your PhD thesis / or confirmation from your university of thesis submission
- Curriculum vitae and list of publications
- Title, abstract and outline of intended essay (maximum 750 words)
- English writing sample
- A letter of recommendation from a previous supervisor
Applications will be accepted until 15 January 2017 (23:59 CET).
Candidates are requested to submit their applications online using the following link:
Please note that only electronic submissions will be accepted. Only successful candidates will be notified.
Descriptions of the research projects of Department III are to be found under:
Fellowships are endowed with a monthly stipend according to the guidelines of the MPG.
For further information please contact Danyang Zhang: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications from women are especially welcome. The Max Planck Society is committed to promoting more handicapped individuals and encourages them to apply. Finalists may expect a decision by 1 February 2017.