The Max Planck Institute for the History of Science (MPIWG) is seeking an
Editor for Online Communication (f/m)
(for three years, TVöD E13)
to start as soon as possible. One of the more than eighty institutes of the Max Planck Society, the MPIWG is among the world’s leading centers for research into the history of science. It offers outstanding working conditions for its scholars and makes digital resources available for research.
For the planned relaunch of our web presence and the consolidation of our existing digital services, the Institute is seeking an editor for online communication, to start immediately. The position will form an interface between research, the library, public relations, and IT support, enhancing communication between these areas partly through the relaunched website.
- Improving the user interface and accessibility of the Institute’s web pages and intranet;
- Revising the content and structure of the web pages;
- Introducing usability standards for the Institute websites;
- Supervising writing and editing processes;
- Drawing up a communication plan for the dissemination of research content (with special attention to social media);
- If possible, carrying out a usability study.
- Proven experience of editing scholarly content;
- Excellent knowledge of widely used content management systems (especially Drupal) and image editing programs;
- Experience in the conceptual oversight of web projects;
- Experience in dealing with web design and supervising multimedia content;
- Excellent knowledge of English;
- Master’s degree in a humanities subject, preferably with a historical focus.
We are looking for a highly committed editor who is interested in the history of science and takes a creative approach to the internet. A team player with strong social skills, he or she will be able to liaise successfully between researchers and the website’s technical support team.
The Max Planck Society wishes to increase the proportion of women in those areas in which they are currently underrepresented. We therefore specifically encourage women to apply. The Max Planck Society is committed to employing more disabled individuals, and applications from disabled people are especially welcome.
Please send your application (letter; résumé; copies of qualifications; samples of work on at least one completed web project (link) and a sample of your own scholarly writing; contact details of two referees) as one single PDF document exclusively through our online application portal https://s-lotus.gwdg.de/mpg/mbwg/webredakteur_2015.nsf/application.
Your application must be received by
December 31, 2015 (23:59 CET).