“Get it Published” Fellowship Program at the Max Planck Institute for the History of Science, Berlin
01 February 2016 - 30 June 2016
The Max Planck Institute for the History of Science, Berlin (MPIWG), Department III Artefacts, Action, and Knowledge (Director: Prof. Dagmar Schäfer), together with the IHNS, CAS is offering two fellowships for outstanding scholars who (will) have submitted their PhD thesis between September 2015 and July 2016.
The fellowships are open to students whose research topic is related to the History of Science, Technology and Medicine, or Science and Technology Studies. The working language in MPIWG is English. Candidates are expected to be able to present and discuss their work and that of others in English. The scholarship is dedicated to advance publications of young Asian researchers in the History of Science. Candidates are expected to have finished their thesis and be in a position to devote five months to writing and preparing an article in English for journal publication. Regular meetings will be held to support both their writing process and academic development.
The fellowships will run from 01 February 2016 to 30 June 2016.
Applicants should submit the following materials in English as one Master PDF-document:
- Official proof for the completion of your PhD thesis/or confirmation of your university of thesis submission. Brief description of dissertation.
- Curriculum Vitae and list of publications.
- Title, abstract and outline of intended essay (maximum 750 words).
- English writing sample.
- A letter of recommendation from a previous supervisor.
Applications will be accepted until December 01, 2015.
In addition to the PDF application, please provide the following information:
- the position for which you are applying: “Get it Published” Fellowship Program
- complete postal address
- affiliation/current position
- discipline in which PhD will be/was awarded
- title of dissertation
- cv and full contact information of dissertation advisor
Please apply with our online application platform:
Descriptions of the research projects of Department III are to be found under:
Fellowships are endowed with a monthly stipend according to the guidelines of the MPG.
Applications from women are especially welcome. The Max Planck Society is committed to promoting more handicapped individuals and encourages them to apply. Finalists may expect a decision by December 20, 2015.