Nov 19, 2020
Ability and Authority
- 16:00 to 17:30
- Primary Source Discussion Group
- Dept. III
The "Ability and Authority" primary source discussion group aims to address the major research questions of the working group through the introduction of its members' key primary sources. The four meetings of the series are organized according to themes, each led by several working group members. Reading material and leading questions of each session will be circulated in advance. In the meeting itself we will devote most of the time to discuss the key questions.
Winter Semester 2020/21
- November 19, 2020: Guangyu tu (led by Li Yiwen, Qiu Yihao, Elke Papelitzky)
- December 10, 2020: Mongol Ability and Ming Authority (led by David Robinson, Morris Rossabi, Thomas Kelly)
- January 14, 2021: Institutions for Managing Ability (led by Ma Xiaolin, Dagmar Schäfer, Anne Gerritsen, Yang Qiao)
- February 11, 2021: Mistakes at Work (led by Michal Brose, Ishayahu Landa, Sarah Schneewind)
Contact and Registration
The meetings will take place on Zoom. Listeners are welcome. Please register by emailing Qiao Yang.