Welcome to the Library of the Max Planck Institute for the History of Science
The development of our collections and services is closely tailored to the needs of the researchers working here at the MPIWG and their very diverse research topics.
Our aim is to give you the maximum support for your research. Among other things, that means we deliver whatever you need for your research to your workplace as fast as possible. We have a large collection of print and digital sources and secondary literature here in the Library, and also offer you the following services:
- Round-the-clock access to our extensive print and digital collections and to the study desks. Please contact us first if you need to use the rare books collection or archival materials.
- We provide a special interlibrary loan service to bring you print and digital sources straight from other collections worldwide.
- Digitization on demand: we can digitize sources for your research and publications, helping you with optical character recognition and image processing if required.
- Copyright and permission requests: we provide advice on copyright and help you obtain permission to reproduce materials for your publications.
- Reference management: we can advise you on creating bibliographies and using reference management software such as Zotero or EndNote. We offer help in entering your publications into the Institute’s Bibliography.
Any questions? We're happy to help. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are available in person Mondays to Fridays between 09:00–17:30.